THE TRAVEL DUST

By Charbel Baini
Translated by Mirna Nehme

-1-
The travel dust is stuck to my clothes
It multiplies on its own 
It tore my pockets
Its colour the colour of darkness
From it many became crazy 
How does a day face me 
And all the age lying dreams
-2-
A dust that does not have mercy 
On the cry of the yearning 
To the stones of a small house 
They became old 
There in a village on the wind elbow 
Between it and between the sun
It drew a line 
And on the line it set up swings 
To swing poems and longings
-3-
Still the same as I left ages ago
Love and hospitality
Sacrifice and faith
And neighbours from their laughters 
Rise a moon
The word welcome greeted all mankind
And despite the hatred, 
The war, 
The danger craziness 
Neighbours remained 
So Lebanon remained
-4-
How do I accomplish my return?
And the hope bird drowning in my tears
The hands are waving with a scarf 
Long time ago repeating ballads:
The homeland hunger like worries heavy
And Lebanon is not feeling my hunger
**

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق