Bakos, the hero


1
They say: The hero is asleep,
But his eyes are half-closed,
His banner is ever-fluttering,
And I wear his name on my lips.
2
O Bakos Baini, my dear uncle,
You are always in my eyes,
I will plant a garden for you,
A weeping willow at the entrance.
3
Courage, was your middle name,
A lesson that we learned, by heart,
When you told your mother:
“Have no fear, I am here”.
4
You were only fifty nine,
When you said your farewell,
Your kind parents Tansy and Chris,
Have bitterly wept your departure.
5
Heroes like you, my dear uncle,
Shed their blood for our cedars,
Your name is our daily song,
And your memory is vivid in our hearts.
6
I missed that distinctive spot,
Which made your cheek unique.
You were like a father to me,
I will never forget your warmth.
**
 By Charbel Baini
Translated by Elie Shaanin


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق