THE PRESENCE OF THE ABSENT

By Charbel Baini
Translated by Mirna Nehme

-1-
With the presence of the absent
The evening party rejoiced
And the string got drunk
How beautiful is drunkenness
It made the cedar
Waiting in the high mountain dance
The return of the loved ones
Who prolonged the trip
And Lebanon which does not know hatred
They killed its children
And tarnished the memory
My people I will make them swear
By the cedar's glory by the blood
And by Sannine to be united
Today not tomorrow

-2-
We left families in our country together
Beloved ones became today a story
No eyes can see them and say:
My eyes’ tears wet your pictures
No joy after you is accepted
And no music will affect me
The agony yoke I drag constantly
At dawn break I cry for Lebanon
And at night I cry for my brother
**

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق