Boutros the magnificent

Dedicated to soul of my uncle Boutros Youssef Al Khoury Al Baini, the magnificent, who donated towards the publication of my first book “Adolescence” year 1968.
1
O my generous uncle, Boutros,
Your caring spirit protects me.
Ever since I was a little boy,
My grandfather taught me,
To honour and praise your name.
2
You were my grandfather’s brother,
You were my gentle, delightful kin,
And were always like our cedars,
Generously distributing your shade;
And when your relatives were at ease,
They gathered under your branches.
3
During an evening of revelation,
The poetry knocked at my door,
I gathered the chosen poems,
You helped me with an open hand;
When I published my first book.
4
I am grateful, my dear uncle,
And as long as I live,
Your name will be my beacon.
You are a Baini, well revered,
I still cannot bear your departure.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق